FreeROSE update - May 19, 2008

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FreeROSE update - May 19, 2008

Post by Terr0risT™ on Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Last night, I had a long conversation with customer service reps from Smart Philippines. I was asking a very simple thing which they wont allow. I needed to open my ports 80, 433, and other stuff for everyone to be able to connect to my server. They wont give in. I called and talked to three different representatives from Smart but they just wont allow my request maintaining that it's a SmartBro policy. Hell, you can't even forward any ports inside their connection. In simple terms, Smart will never allow you to start a web, a mail, or a game server. They block all connections from the start. Their main reason is that these ports are usually used by malwares (viruses and stuff) to invade PC's at home.

Bottomline, my current connection (SmartBRO) wont allow me to setup FreeROSE.

Now let's go to plan B.. a plan I know is not really the best solution but at least something valid. I needed someone to volunteer to host the server for all of us. If you meet the qualifications, I will allow you to use my files, and you get full technical support through yahoo messenger. If you are interested, read carefully:

Requirements:

1. You must, of course, have your own personal computer, not a family computer (by this I mean a personal computer used by the whole family).
2. Your computer must at least have the following:

MINIMUM
Processor: 2.4Ghz Pentium D
Memory: 1 Gig
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
DSL/Broadband Speed: 768 kbps

RECOMMENDED
Processor: 3Ghz Core Duo - or higher
Memory: 2 Gig - or higher
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB - or higher
Operating System: Windows Server 2003
DSL/Broadband Speed: 1.5 MBps - or higher

3. You must agree that once that server is installed and running, the computer can not be used for other purposes anymore, like doing your project, or browsing the net.
4. You also must agree (and this is very important) to keep the server running 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In other words, unless you leave for a very long vacation, you are not allowed to turn off your computer.
5. You must at least have a good understanding of computer technicalities to make my job of teaching you a bit easier. If you're a complete beginner, you must agree to follow all instructions I give so we don't screw up.
6. And finally, you must have a Router. It doesn't have to be wireless. As long as it's a router that can forward ports, we can do with it.

That's it, if you meet all or some of the requirements above, login and send me a PM and state your interest in temporarily hosting the server.

Important Terms:
First, the program you will use is a highly modified version of OSrose. A lot of people have been asking me to release my files to the public, or make it available as a download. You are not allowed to give these files to anyone. As a security measure, I will be adding in some codes in the binaries which can permanently corrupt your system's BIOS rendering your computer useless. If you give out the files or make it publicly available, all I have to do is issue one command and every online computer using my files will just shutdown and never turn on again. You may have to replace your motherboard for this matter.

Second, we will not be using the previous database we had. Sorry, but it's too risky. However, all former players can request every equipment/skills/items and levels (including the stars and stats) they own and it will be given back to them. A separate thread in the forums will be created for this matter.

============================================================================

Everyone should understand that while this is not the best solution, we are doing this for one main reason.. and that is to enjoy playing ROSE online using one of the most advanced server files currently available.

Last edited by Terr0risT™ on Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male
Number of posts : 484
Main Character : Terr0risT™
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FreeROSE update - May 19, 2008

Post by death10 on Mon May 19, 2008 2:25 pm

this means it just a temporary server so our characaters in the past will not be with us...so does this mean when sir T run our REAL server our old characters will be back?
death10
Poisoned Mammoth

Male
Number of posts : 589
Main Character : **DivineDeath**
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Forum SCORE
HP:
300/600  (300/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ on Mon May 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Good thing you asked.. the plan is suppose to work this way:

1. Your old data will be transfered to the new server. In other words, you can still play with your old character if you complete the request form.
2. Play and gain levels in the temporary server. Every week, I will download a database copy from the TEMPORARY server, meaning, no matter what happens, I will have a weekly file of all your characters' progress.
3. When I'm ready to host the server, I will use the latest copy of database I downloaded from the TEMP server.

That means progress will not be lost. If you leveled until level 300 in the temporary server, it will still be 300 when we all transfer back.

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by death10 on Mon May 19, 2008 3:29 pm

what about the items in our previous account like materials for 5th reset in inventory?or any precious item in storage?we dont have a complete list of items we have there
death10
Poisoned Mammoth

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
300/600  (300/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOST_WANTED™ on Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 pm

haha! life is like a boxa chocolate lol!

so terror if i set up rose i wouldnt set it up for forever just enough time until u figure out a way to get rose up and running again? if so thats cool!

hehe...
the only time i can keep my pc going on for the whole day would be saturday and sunday and after 1:30PM phil time.
im sad though i have 17 days left for the moment ive been waiting for... MY BIRTHDAY!!! if rose was up we could celebrate lol:P !!!

GO Terr0risT™!!!
MOST_WANTED™
Elder Pumpkin

Male
Number of posts : 117
Main Character : **MOSTWANTED**
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ on Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 pm

death10 wrote:what about the items in our previous account like materials for 5th reset in inventory?or any precious item in storage?we dont have a complete list of items we have there

You don't have to remember what your items are. Your file (which includes characters, level, skills, items, etc.) will be extracted from our previous database and will be used once you request for it. You can then login using the same username and password and everything will be back "exactly" the same as it was when you last played.

I may have to reset all your skills to "nothing" when we use the new naROSE skills system. And those who will play during this temporary period will have the chance to easily buy the skills from any GM. Or I might let Mayor Darren sell all the books instead.

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by death10 on Tue May 20, 2008 12:15 pm

this means you will just duplicate our previous files?then count me in thanks for the clarifications.i have a suggestion if the server will be back we should have some kind of even for the loyal players who will play with us.you know we waited since february to play again.
death10
Poisoned Mammoth

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
300/600  (300/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOST_WANTED™ on Tue May 20, 2008 3:16 pm

hello everyone!

Sir T i just want to say something...
this is important..
I have quoted a part of your first message..

''As a security measure, I will be adding in some codes in the binaries which can permanently corrupt your system's BIOS rendering your computer useless. If you give out the files or make it publicly available, all I have to do is issue one command and every online computer using my files will just shutdown and never turn on again. You may have to replace your motherboard for this matter.''

Now there is still a problem..
If someone has your files and they are running FreeROSE and they are going to give this files to everyone. easy your gonna use the code if someone else gets the files but before that the person who u gave the files to will just copy the files onto a memory stick. then u will shut down the PC's that have the files. but the files are still in the memory stick, so then the person will replace their motherboard and put the files back in and just keep another copy on their memory stick so then they can do it again and again and then the next person u give the files to will lose their motherboard because the other person who had the files would keep using the memory stick to keep the files and keep wasting ppls motherboards.

because of this i would recomend you dont trust anyone to Run the server until you are ready to host it again. I would just wait until u can run it again because if u think about it those files are very precious and valuble.
If someone puts the files on filefront or something the files will be on that site forever until someone clicks the link to say that the file is illeagle.

I told u before this internet problem is just like a story book problem after another...
MOST_WANTED™
Elder Pumpkin

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ on Tue May 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Good point MOST, and I hope I would never have to corrupt people's
motherboards. Well, that was just something I would've added into the
code to secure our files.

Anyhow, I found a better solution. Last night I thought of.. why don't
we get ourselves a dedicated server. It will cost money of course, but
at least I don't have to worry about our files, I don't have to worry
about electricity, connection is way too fast, that means we wont have
to worry about lags, and best of all, it's only me who can have access
to that server. I do it using RDC (Remote Desktop Connection).

In other words, there will be a "real" desktop computer somewhere in U.S. that I control.

So anyway, last night, I spoke to their customer service through chat,
and I asked if I can test the server for 5 days without paying. If I
like it, then I might get it. So they processed my order, and below are
images of the Official Receipt.

I downloaded this PDF file last night (after I ordered), then I signed
it, and faxed it back to them. As you can see, the monthly cost for
this is $61 USD. That's approximately 2500 Pesos everymonth.

I faxed the signed order to them this morning, and pretty much after I
took my lunch, the server I ordered was setup and ready. I checked it,
and so far everything is good. I now have 5 days to test this server if
it's good, then I might get it.

I hurriedly tested how fast the server's internet connection is, and to
my surprise it can connect from US to Philippines in 3.7MBps.

When we had our Battle for Supremacy Tournament, my current connection
that time was only 1MBps. If we get this server, we may not have to
worry about slow connection anymore.

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOST_WANTED™ on Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Wow terror smart!

When will u open the server for the 5 day test?
Please buy this package because my mom asked if it was worth it for donating i said yes and i now can donate more money and my donations could go to this package and theres 1 months pay.
But western Union is alot of money i have to pay 100 or 150 dollars just to get 50 bucks across.. my birthday is coming up in 15 days so il use my bday money!

bb
MOST_WANTED™
Elder Pumpkin

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by death10 on Wed May 21, 2008 1:53 pm

lol most you are really filthy rich hahaha go donate for our server wish i could but i dont have that much.and since there are a lot of items i think we could get more donators.

sir T: just inform us when we will start ok i want to test it hahaha missed my characters.
death10
Poisoned Mammoth

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
300/600  (300/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoFantazy on Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 am

Shocked Well well... I did not expect terro really has plans to bring this server back (or maybe this is just one of his announcements and then... bye bye for for several months... lol)... Anyway, if this server is really going back online and if terro will give me the points he owe me for donating 7,000 pesos, I might play again in this server. If not, what's the point? I've donated so much for this server yet I did not recieve back my money's worth thru gameplay experience...
XenoFantazy
Hunter Dalping

Male
Number of posts : 158
Main Character : XenoFantazy™ and Gaignun™
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ on Sun May 25, 2008 6:24 pm

A very encouraging comment dude. Well, it seems whatever efforts I do to revive this server isn't good enough. I was about to start getting people to test the connectivity and speed of our new server, but.. hey! I give up! Running this server requires a lot of things and a lot of my time, and I better go find myself a good job rather staying here facing my computer all day long.

Now, since there are really only a few ROSE online servers who's got fixed skills and all, and for everyone to enjoy, I am now officially placing all my ROSE online files available for public.

A thread will be created for that once I'm done uploading all the files.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FILES

Last edited by Terr0risT™ on Sun May 25, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOST_WANTED™ on Sun May 25, 2008 8:17 pm

NO sir T!

dont give up pls open the server urself.. *sigh*
oh well im not happy anymore!
damn damn damn!
MOST_WANTED™
Elder Pumpkin

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Royal Chief™ on Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm

confused

Royal Chief™
Forum MODERATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1586
Main Character : **RoyalChief**
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xenon511 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:12 pm

well ask this pinoy network owner..they got..Rose Online v155..and their very long term..ive been their world of warcraft player since 2003..visit here http://ugngames.net visit the forum this is a pure pinoy community they host world of warcraft Rose Evo Ran online and soon to be Ragnarok 2

xenon511
Mini-Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 4
Main Character : dynasty
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by death10 on Mon May 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Terr0risT™ wrote:A very encouraging comment dude. Well, it seems whatever efforts I do to revive this server isn't good enough. I was about to start getting people to test the connectivity and speed of our new server, but.. hey! I give up! Running this server requires a lot of things and a lot of my time, and I better go find myself a good job rather staying here facing my computer all day long.

Now, since there are really only a few ROSE online servers who's got fixed skills and all, and for everyone to enjoy, I am now officially placing all my ROSE online files available for public.

A thread will be created for that once I'm done uploading all the files.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FILES

so this means we are not going to have our server back.... cry ?
death10
Poisoned Mammoth

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
300/600  (300/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MOST_WANTED™ on Mon May 26, 2008 3:49 pm

hello guys! Smile

Dont think FreeROSE wont coem back think positive and hopefuly this will help u calm down Smile

Now last night i think i was first to read Sir T's new post.. i raed it i quickly replyed when i exited 1 minute later there was a seperate thread called FreeROSE files by sir T i clicked on it it had the links but i closed it because it was my bed time. Next day later which is 26/05/08 i got home from school quickly checked the thread to get the files and see what ppl wrote about terrors post i went to find the FreeROSE files post but quess what? THE POST WAS NOT THERE! so i quickly when into search typed in FreeROSE files and guess what again? it still wasnt there!!!!Smile So this had made me think.. has terror read our few recent posts about his post? and actuly thought this thru maybe changed his mind because his admin he can get rid of posts.
my post couldve changed him? RC's post couldve changed him the face RC put on lol this one hehe''confused '' or ithat other post after RCs post who said that that site host evo rose servers Sir T could have read that post and thought he may give it a try see if it works out for him?
just need to wait and see.
MOST_WANTED™
Elder Pumpkin

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xenon511 on Tue May 27, 2008 9:47 am

Every one add me on my YM :: friel11@yahoo.com

ROSE Server discussion

xenon511
Mini-Jelly Bean

Male
Number of posts : 4
Main Character : dynasty
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CIDGE on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 pm

Hope for the best Terro! kuya^_^
CIDGE
Moldie

Male
Number of posts : 321
Main Character : **CIDGE**
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Forum SCORE
HP:
70/600  (70/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renzhouken on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm

wala na its over
renzhouken
Ruper Captain

Male
Number of posts : 496
Main Character : LordKazuyen** BabyKazuyen** BebotKazuyen
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dementor on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm

ang daldal mo dd puro ybang k alng nman >.>
dementor
Pomic Soldier

Male
Number of posts : 235
Main Character : Jar0d03
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elaine on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:46 pm

sir T "paresu ng freerose"... please.. haaaaysss mas mahirap pa 'to sa pag ask ng free good buffs... huhuhuhu...
elaine
Royal Jelly Bean

Female
Number of posts : 31
Main Character : QuinQaeViae***
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elaine on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:48 pm

admin we're all here to support you ^__^ paresu!!! please.....^__^
elaine
Royal Jelly Bean

Female
Number of posts : 31
Main Character : QuinQaeViae***
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terr0risT™ on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 pm

With all honesty, I doubt there's something I can do right now.. Although I still have all our files including our database, I don't think I still have the time to manage the server since I got a full time job.

Also, I know there's been a lot of changes to ROSE online already from the time FreeROSE "rested".. so I guess IF there should be an ACT II, it should be something fresh. Hahaha! I can't be writing more I'm at work.. please don't hope. It will be revive when it'll be revived.

Terr0risT™

Terr0risT™
ADMIN

Male

Forum SCORE
HP:
600/600  (600/600)

View user profile

Back to top Go down